Effective Date 07/09/2020
1.Policy ScopeThis Policy applies to all information collected by Cita Smart Solutions, Cita EV and any company within the CITA group, when you connect to our websites (www.citaevcharger.co.uk, www.cita-solutions.co.uk ), services and smart device apps. This Policy does not apply to any third-party services linked to our website or services, or to any other service recommended or referred to by our websites or services or by our employees. Neither does it apply to parties who host our social media channels (e.g., Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram).
2.Information CollectedWe, or service providers on our behalf, may use technologies such as “cookies”, “web beacons,” “tags”, “scripts” and other tracking technologies to automatically collect personal information from you when you use our Services. We collect this information to help improve your experience and our services, to access features of our products and services that are of interest and to count visits, to gather location information about our customer base as a whole, to remember settings and for authentication purposes. We also use data to track user locations, types of browsers, location IP addresses, load cookies to enhance your experience, to track certain types of data within your device and for the purpose of measuring marketing and advertising campaigns.
3.Device InformationWe may collect data from the devices that you use to access our support and services. We may collect information based on how you entered or left our website, if this was via hyperlink, from a search engine, or another website. We may receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing our websites or services using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may receive data information relating to location of your devices or the EV charging stations that you use. This data will allow us to show you local information like closest charging station and to plan charging routes during your journey. Please adjust device setting if you no longer wish to share this information.
4.EmailWe may collect data from the devices that you use to access our support and services. We may collect information based on how you entered or left our website, if this was via hyperlink, from a search engine, or another website. We may receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing our websites or services using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may receive data information relating to location of your devices or the EV charging stations that you use. This data will allow us to show you local information like closest charging station and to plan charging routes during your journey. Please adjust device setting if you no longer wish to share this information.
5.AdditionalCITA is constantly developing new ways to improve its products and services, we may develop additional ways to collect and use information. CITA may introduce new features, which could result in the collection of additional information. We will endeavour to inform users of any such changes by direct contact, or updating our terms and conditions and policies as required.
6.UserAs well as system collected information, some of our Services ask users for additional information. We collect additional information when you visit and use our services, website, or interact with advertising on our website’s pages. At www.citaevcharger.co.uk, member of the public can access portions of our website without divulging personal information. If users choose to contact us regarding CITA products or services, CITA may collect personal information, including telephone number, location and email address.
7.ServicesAs well as system collected information, some of our Services ask users for additional information. We collect additional information when you visit and use our services, website, or interact with advertising on our website’s pages.
8.SurveysSurveys may be conducted by some of our Services, or by third parties on our Services. Some third parties may direct promotions to you based on your answers. CITA may develop new products or programs based on the shared information. Your permission to use information in our survey will be requested by the before conducting it. To opt-out of surveys, you can request to us using the contact information provided.
9. Sharing InformationCITA may disclose personal information under the following :
10. Business PartnersCITA may share personal information with carefully selected business partners. Those carefully selected third parties may provide us with business support from operational and service support, to sales and marketing support. As a carefully selected partner or vendor to us, your information will only be allowed to be used, in connection directly with the service or support being offered by CITA.
11. Analytic ProvidersCITA shares personal information with third parties who conduct marketing studies and data analytics, including those that provide tools or code which facilitates our review and management of our Services, such as Google Analytics or similar software products from other providers. For example, we use Google Analytics to analyse usage of our Services. We may also use Google Analytics in conjunction with Google’s advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie. With this capability, we or Google may link Google Analytics information with information about visits to multiple sites. We may use these tracking technologies to provide tailored advertising and evaluate our marketing efforts. For more information about how Google collects and processes data when you visit websites or use apps that use Google technologies, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
12. Alteration to Business StructureShould there be an alteration to the business structure of Cita, including ownership, partnership or operating company, personal information owned or controlled by us may be one of the assets transferred to third parties. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your personal information and other information we have collected from the users of our websites or services, or individuals who provide us personal information under this Policy, to third parties. Any information submitted after this change, may be subject a revised version of this policy.
13. Sharing Data LegallyCITA shares data as required or permitted by law within the region of the request and data supplied, regulation, legal process or other legal requirement, or when we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary or appropriate, to respond to an emergency or to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, comply with a judicial proceeding or court order.
14. Public ContentCITA shares data as required or permitted by law within the region of the request and data supplied, regulation, legal process or other legal requirement, or when we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary or appropriate, to respond to an emergency or to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, comply with a judicial proceeding or court order. Should you post information, including comments or pictures, in a public domain environment, CITA will have no control over how such information may be used by third parties. CITA will accept no responsibility for information posted by users in a public domain.
15. PermissionsCita may share your personal information, with carefully selected third parties, with your consent
16. Private BrowsingDo Not Track: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behaviour tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including CITA, do not respond to DNT signals.
17. CommunicationsCITA may, at times, communicate with you using any forms available to us, including email, social media telephone and traditional mail, regarding your account, security issues and marketing materials. This information will be communicated based on your account settings and privacy options.
20. Right to Access InformationIf you require information relating to a CITA customer, please direct your request to that customer. If our customer requires assistance from CITA, we will be happy to help. You have the right to access your personal information and to correct, amend, or delete your information if it is inaccurate. Requests for access, correction, amendment, or deletion should be sent to email@example.com. You may also amend your account information at any time through our CITA on line portals. Upon request, CITA will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to any request to access your personal information within 30 days. It may take us longer if your request is complex, in which case, we will notify you and keep you updated of our progress. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you our Services or requested information. We will delete your personal information either upon your request or when you ask to close your account. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. CITA may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes such as personal information necessary to bill you for our Services or to pay taxes related to your use of our Services. Once you have paid us for a particular service, we cannot delete any personal information that we are required to maintain legally with the country that we operate. CITA may request specific personal information from you, to confirm your identity and your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights).
21. Age RestrictionsYou must be at least 17 years old to use our Services. All of CITA’S websites, products and services are directed to people who are at least 17 years old. The only exception to this restriction, will be where to law of a specific region, allows anyone under the age of 17, to operate and EV unsupervised.
22. EU PrivacyIf the processing of your data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), CITA will process your data to support the provision of our Services. The basis for processing your data may include the following:
- CITA will process your information when it is necessary for us to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, including without limitation, when we respond to your requests about entering into a contractual relationship, to help you create an account, to process your requests, or to manage our relationship with you.
- CITA will process your personal information where needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, including without limitation, to manage our relationship with you by providing this Policy and any changes and updates thereto.
- CITA will process your personal information where necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party’s, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including without limitation, to manage our relationship with you, to administer and protect our business and our Services, to deliver our Services and corresponding content and advertisements to you, to evaluate the effectiveness of our Services and corresponding content and advertising, to tailor Services and corresponding content and advertising, to use data analytics and other automated processing to evaluate and improve our Services, and to make recommendations to you.
- CITA will process your personal information when we have provided you with notice of processing and obtained your consent in a manner compliant with the requirements set forth in GDPR, including without limitation allowing you to opt-in and opt-out of the marketing of our Services to you. You may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on any consent provided before its withdrawal. When processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
23. GDPRIf the processing of your personal information is subject to the GDPR, you may have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal information:
- The right to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal information is transferred to a third country or international organization. In addition to the above rights, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to certain processing of your personal information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection
- In addition to the above rights, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to certain processing of your personal information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection protection. The right to port your personal information in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we are processing such personal information on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- The right to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed)
- The right to erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed)
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information and You may exercise these rights free of charge. These rights will be exercisable subject to limitations as provided for by the GDPR. In relation to all of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, especially if your request is complex. We will do our upmost to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
24. Outside EUIf we transfer your information out of the European Economic Area to one of our partners, we will ensure that at least one of the following shall apply:
- the transfers will be to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission;
- we have used specific model contracts approved by the European Commission which are intended to give personal information the same protection it has in Europe
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US
- an alternative transfer mechanism under which GDPR can lawfully support the transfer.