CITA Smart 7 EV Charger has been accredited by the Office for Zero-Emission Vehicles (OZEV) in the UK to qualify for the Homecharge Grant (EVHS) or the Workplace Charging Grant (WCS). If you are eligible, you can reduce the cost of your EV charger installation by £350.
Here is a complete guide to what is the grant and how you can benefit from it.
OZEV EV HomeCharge Scheme or EVHS
What is OZEV Homecharge scheme?
The OZEV grant (Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme or ‘EVHS’) offers EV drivers 75% off the total cost of their new smart home EV charger, up to a maximum amount of £350.
Am I eligible for the grant?
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Must have off-street parking (e.g. a driveway or a garage)
- Your charger must use smart technology like CITA Smart 7 EV Charger
- Your EV charger must be installed by an OZEV approved installer
How do I claim the EVHS grant?
One of our official installation partners will take care of this for you! During the installation process, they will ask you some basic questions and will apply for the grant on your behalf. If you qualify, the full grant amount will be deducted from the total cost of installing the new CITA Smart 7 EV Charger.
OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme or WCS
What is the Workplace Charging Scheme by OZEV?
The Workplace Charging Scheme or ‘WCS’ is designed to help fleets and businesses start their e-Mobility experience.
- The WCS grant reduces the installation cost of a new workplace charging station by 75% or up to a maximum amount of £350.
- The grant can be claimed for a maximum of 40 charge points across all the sites of your business but be warned – you can’t claim for old charging stations.
How do I qualify for the WCS grant?
The WCS is available to any business, charity or public authority – but to qualify, you must have the following:
- Dedicated off-street parking for staff and/or fleets
- Your charger must be installed by an OZEV approved workplace installer
- No proof of EV is required but you will need to declare the business need or intent to encourage EV uptake amongst your staff and/or your fleet
- You must own the property or have consent from the landlord for charge points to be installed at all the sites listed in the application
How do I claim the WCS grant?
You will need to complete the online form by OZEV. If your application is approved, you’ll receive a unique voucher code within 5 working days that you can present to an OZEV or CITA EV approved installer. The installation must be completed and the grant claimed within 120 days so don’t hang around, otherwise, you’ll need to re-submit for approval.
If you’re having trouble filling the form then get in touch and the CITA team will guide you through the process.